Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where Did All That Time Go????????

Xmas is well and truly over, New Year gone along with resolutions.  Have finally caught up with all my swap blocks and am feeling very happy about it all.  I have been reading the blogs and have been surprise, maybe astounded at what my fellow crafters have achieved over this period.  As you all know family came for 12 days, eight of them, was very busy time, did not think I would cope, but then we were all waving goodbye and where did the time go.  It rained here up until the day they arrived and then cleared up so the grandkiddlies swam in the pool, went to the beach and did all the things they were looking forward to.

Last weekend, we went to the Tamworth Country Music Festival, not really my cup of tea, but on the list for my hubby, of things he must do before time passes us by.  It was really great and fabulously organised.  We stayed at Nundle and the time out from work did him the world of good.  There is a method in my madness, last year I got New York and the Med, he got Gallipoli, this year Tamworth for him and Hawaii at the end of March for me.  Mind you we do go together.

Have finished the Paddington Bear Quilt, as the recipient had a baby boy just as I finished quilting it.

Here is a photo, mind you Charlotte and Babe did their usual things, masses of unpicking, but worth it in the end.  I am beginning to think it is not their fault, but the operator is just tooooo impatient.


Now for the swaps:

 This one is for  Alethea in New Zealand, she wanted pink and white.
 This one is for Teena Kane Xmas Swap
This is for Cheryl her choice was orientals with brights, photo is not very good but I hope you get the idea.


This is the block from Teena to me and I just love it.  Cheryl sent me a great yellow and white block, which she has already posted to her blog and as I have cleaned up my sewing room, I cannot at this moment find it.  I am sure when the room gets back to its normal state everything will surface.
I hope none of our friends have been affected by the floods, and if you have, is there anything I can do??

I have a friend in Toowoomba, but have not been able to contact her, lost her phone number so maybe her computer is not working.

Bye for now and keep on stitching.

Larain

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your family had a good time. You enjoyed them especially since you were feeling better... and good work on all the finishes.

    ReplyDelete