Monday, September 13, 2010

Quilt Retreating

Tomorrow I leave on my 4 day quilt retreat.  This will be year 3 and I am really looking forward to it.  We have a great time, all from different places in NSW mainly Sydney Northern Beaches and us hangers on (very tightly) I might add.  After all the gossiping catching up etc.  we actually are able to complete a quilt top each year.  Last year I made one for my eldest granddaughter and this year for my one and only grandson.  I have strict instructions, no flowers Nan.  The other quilters have been attending this retreat for 10 years.  It is very nice to talk on different subjects.  I certainly need cheering up, as Buster my 13yo Labrador had to go the the "Great Bone House" in the sky last Friday.  We are very lucky as the vet is a very good personal friend i.e. neighbour and did suggest they do not make wheelchairs for dogs.  I still tried to hang onto him but after a nights deliberation realised his quality of life was not very good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment