Sunday, November 28, 2010

Catching Up

Just got back from visiting old friends in Bribie Island.  You do not realise how long you leave it between visits, but it is great to catch up.  Also visited a couple we met earlier this year in Turkey. We went there for Anzac Day at Gallipoli. They live in Buderim in Qld so not far from Bribie.  They had great photos, as he is a very good photographer. 
Back to quilting.  "Charlotte" and I are still having our moments.  I have now decided to call the accompanying machine "Babe" and I think she is teething.  Oh well, l will unpick and start again.  Great to keep up with the news of what is going on with all of you.  Some of the blocks are just fantastic. I received three parcels when I got back from my November swap partners, all in Canada, I will take photos today and post here.  Thanks to all.  Just looked at the calendar and Xmas is toooo close.  This will be the first year we have stayed home in about 15 the family is coming up on 27 Dec. So have two quilts to finish, please "Charlotte & Babe" and have my December blocks for the swaps to get done.
Did I mention, we are also painting the outside of the house, going to Sydney for two days this week and the following week to Canberra for four days.  Canberra will be fun, GD3 is dancing in her first concert as a bee, I cannot wait to see it.  Well back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Sydney. I grew up there but I too find it sooo busy now. I'm always happy to get back home!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a whole different world, the quilting life. I had no idea and don't really understand what you do (swaps etc) but such beautiful work. I can only dream.....
    Hopefully we will find time to catch up before Christmas. Thanks for introducing me to your blog. Kerry

    ReplyDelete